Weekly Clubs for ages 4-19.
Tried climbing and now want to learn more? We operate weekly climbing clubs and sessions for aspiring young climbers from beginner to expert level.
Big Rock is an accredited Primary Centre for NICAS (the National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme), delivering the nationally recognised courses to anyone from age 7. The scheme features 5 levels of increasing technical skill and knowledge and provide structure and motivation for young climbers to develop their skills, in addition to having their achievements recognised by a national body.
Humans have been climbing things to escape from wolves and other scary stuff for thousands of years so don’t let modern life suppress your natural instinct to climb!
- A great way to prove that exercise is actually really exciting!
- Weekly clubs for climbers of all abilities and all ages from 4-19.
- All sessions fully supervised by qualified climbing instructors.
- Sense of accomplishment and self-confidence at every level.
- Develops movement, balance and co-ordination skills.
- Enhances concentration and strengthens mental resolve.
- Develops team work, communication skills and trust in others.